10 Things to Consider Before Visiting a Wedding Venue
January 5, 2023 • 0 Comment
Here is a list of 10 things to consider before visiting a wedding venue. Not all venues are created equal, so make sure you what to look for when deciding on a place for your big day!
- Determine the Size of Your Guest List: The size of your guest list will help determine the size of the venue you need. You don’t waste any time looking into venues that are too small or too large for your needs! A ballpark number is a great place to start, and remember that, on average, between 15 and 20 percent of guests will decline the invite for various personal reasons. (Source: Brides.com)
- Consider Your Budget: Knowing how much you plan to invest on your wedding day will help narrow down your options and ensure that you don’t fall in love with a location that is out of your price range. Your venue, catering, and beverages could account for up to 55% of your overall investment. (Source: Martha Stewart Weddings)
- Determine Your Style: Do you want a traditional, formal wedding or a more casual, outdoor affair? Do you love rustic estates, or want a modern space that provides a blank canvas? Consider the type of venue that will best suit your style and theme.
- Check Availability: Once you have a few venues in mind, check to see if they open dates within your desired month or season. Remember that popular dates can be filled around 15-18 months before the wedding date, so it’s a good idea to keep an open mind.
- Amenities: Find out what a venue offers, such as getting ready space, on-site catering, free guest parking, beautiful grounds/gardens, or private use of the property.
- What’s Included: Not every venue is all-inclusive and may require that you use preferred catering, bar service, or wedding professionals from a curated list. Check if a venue fee includes rentals such as tables, chairs, linens, and flatware. Does the venue offer a wedding coordinator or planning services? Will there be a tent for the warmer months or to use as a rain plan?
- Catering Menu: Browse their menu to make sure they offer food that appeals to your taste and dietary needs! If hosting a high-quality meal is important to you, make sure the venue has a good track record with catering and service.
- Vendor Requirements: Find out if a venue requires you to use their preferred vendors. If so, this may limit who you can use for catering, florals, rentals, or other enhancements.
- Accommodations: Will there be on-site accommodations for you and your guests? If not, see what places are nearby for room blocks. This will help traveling guests or those looking to have a destination wedding.
- Read Reviews: Once your list is narrowed down to your final favorites, remember to check out Wedding Wire, The Knot, and Google to see if a venue is well-established and has a history of happy couples. Reviews will tell the story of what real clients experienced at the venue!
If you’re looking for a beautiful, historic mansion set in the woods with award-winning catering, all-inclusive services, and renowned hospitality, Willowdale Estate may be your venue. Contact our sales team to learn more about hosting an event with us! email@example.com
Featured image: Henry Cotton Photography
#10 things to consider before visiting a wedding venue#boston#events#massachusetts#new england#north shore#planning#topsfield#wedding venue#willowdale estate